Thursday, August 1, 2013

Lay’s Air Pops Sour Cream & Onion



I first spotted the Lay’s Air Pops Sour Cream & Onion chips at CVS when running in to pick up a prescription. The chips weren’t marked, so I didn’t pick them up – but when I spotted them at the grocery store I decided to give them a shot.

At first it was nice to see Lay’s come out with a healthier alternative to potato chips. Sure they have a line of baked potato chips, but if you’re a snacker, you’ve seen brands come out with similar products.  Looking at the bag, I thought they’d be the Lay’s version of Pop Chips – but upon opening them, I found they are rather a cross between Pop Chips and Kellogg’s Cracker Chips. They’re as thick as Pop Chips, but their light and airy like the cracker chips. They have the classic Lay’s sour cream and onion flavoring.

The chips are sold in three flavors: original, barbecue (which I also purchased) and sour cream and onion.

A serving size is 1 ounce – roughly 19 crisps.  A serving is 3 points plus values.  The bag itself only contains 3 servings, so if you went a little heavy handed into the bag and lost track and ate them all – the whole bag is 10 points plus.

QUESTION:
Have you tried the Lay’s Air Pops?

2 comments:

  1. what grocery did you find them in?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Market Basket. But I've also seen them at CVS, Hannaford, and I'm pretty positive Walmart.

      Delete