Saturday, August 17, 2013

Goldfish Puffs - Salsa con Queso

Whodathunkit? Goldfish crackers in the form of (but not in the classic shape of) puffy cheese curls? I have seen the other 3 flavors in the line in stores but had not seen this one until I went to Walmart. Because it seemed so unique, I picked up the Goldfish Puffs Salsa con Queso flavor. I love Goldfish because they give you a cheesy crunch and since the crisps are so small you get more. Technically not because you are getting the same amount in ounces, but looking at the sheer volume of the serving it seems to be more filling (again, eating with your eyes).

The salsa con queso flavor is definitely different when compared to classic plain Goldfish crackers . The puffs are very pungent but packed with flavor. It reminds me exactly of a cheesy salsa ... but a very potent one that can make your lips pucker, if that makes any sense. Definitely not for the faint of heart. If you don't like bold flavors or you don't like a salsa flavored snack, then this would definitely not be for you. I don't find these have any sort of "heat" to them but the seasoning can make your tongue feel a little tingly after a while. Personally I felt these were alright, but they aren't going to be a repurchase for me.
 

A serving is 41 puffs, which is quite a good amount when put into a bowl. The serving is 4 points plus values. You could say debatable if it's worth the points, but I did find I enjoyed these -- but they weren't a snack I reached for every day.

QUESTION:
Have you tried the new Goldfish Puffs?

No comments:

Post a Comment