Thursday, August 22, 2013

Ore-Ida Simply Potato Wedges

I had seen a new frozen potato wedge had hit my local grocery store shelves. In my household, frozen fries are a good side dish to a comfort food type dinner (sausage "subs", hamburgers, breaded chicken, etc.) so I checked the nutrition facts. Low and behold the stats were nearly perfect, at least as far as I was concerned. These have to be the lowest point frozen french fries I've encountered.

Trying them out for the first time, I added two servings to a baking pan that was spritzed with non-stick cooking spray, then did a light spray over the top of the frozen fries. I find doing this helps crunch frozen fries up a bit more than putting them into a non-stick pan and letting them cook on their own. In my oven they cook up in roughly 20 minutes and are perfectly crispy on the outside but soft on the inside like a classic potato wedge. When I took them out of the oven I gave them a light sprinkling of salt. They were perfect baked french fries with no need to have them deep fried! The fries taste like a classic potato wedge but they're not as heavy as greasy fried potato wedges.

A serving size is 3 ounces which is roughly 7 large potato wedges. Nutrition facts wise the serving is 120 calories, which calculates out to 3 points plus values. Super low for a super delicious product! The line carries different cuts as well as a sweet potato line.


QUESTION:
Have you tried the new Ore-Ida Simply potatoes?

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm that looks so good!!! I try so many things that you post. Today I am trying the Light and Fit Dannon Greek yogurt. Keep up the good reviews!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are seriously some of the best French fries (frozen) that I have tried - outside of the garlic fries from Trader Joes! Enjoy the yogurt it's seriously one of my favs!

      Delete