Thursday, August 1, 2013

Hershey’s Cookies ‘n’ Creme Cereal



I spotted this new Hershey’s Cookies ‘n’ Creme Cereal at Target but refrained from purchasing because I had a few boxes of cereal at home to eat up.  Well, since I was in the midst of my cereal kick I ended up finishing off a box so I picked up this as a new flavor cereal.  I anticipated that this cereal would be phenomenal.  I mean cookies and cream? One of my favorite ice cream flavors ever in cereal form? No doubt it had to be amazing…

I opened the box, measured out my ¾ cup serving and ate it with some almond milk and I have to say … I was disappointed. It didn’t measure up to what I thought it would taste like.  It reminded me of a subdued cocoa puff with another flavor mixed in the background.  You can’t quite taste the “creme” but the chocolate is really mild and a little boring.  It’s not a sweet cereal to say the least.  The flavor combination kind of threw my taste buds for a loop.  This is a cereal I’d eat once in a while, but it’s not a cereal that’ll be my staple … nor will it be a cereal that I’d purchase again.

A ¾ cup serving is 3 points plus values.

QUESTION:
Have you tried any new interesting cereals lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment