Sunday, August 18, 2013

Brinner: Cinnamon Raison French Toast, Scrambled Eggs, Hashbrowns & Bacon

Talk about a brinner (breakfast for dinner) for champions! This is the meal I whipped together after my Weight Watchers meeting. Breakfast is a meal I enjoy, but cooking a full course breakfast isn't something that happens often. So, since my boyfriend and I enjoy breakfast we typically have it for dinner. This way we get our favorites, or exactly what we're craving, without any time restrictions. The great thing about breakfast foods is they are relatively easy and quick -- so this dinner was done in under 20 minutes.

We had some Country Kitchen Light Raisin bread (you can see that post here) and since my boyfriend planted the french toast seed, I really wanted it. So I whipped up some regular french toast (using whole eggs) for him and my french toast using Eggbeaters. I dredged my bread in Eggbeaters - but I didn't season it this time since the bread is already flavorful. I ended up using a little more than 1/3 of a cup to dredge the four slices of bread. If you're interested in seeing how I make my french toast, you can see that recipe here.

I went the "easy way out" and cooked my bacon in the oven. This is quite possibly the easiest way to cook bacon ... the only part that takes effort is making sure not to burn it because it can go from good to horrible in a matter of unwatched minutes. While the bacon and french toast was going I added the shredded seasoned hashbrown potatoes to a non-stick skillet. I seasoned them additionally with some black pepper and a bit of garlic and let them cook. Then after cooking my french toast, I scrambled up my eggbeaters seasoning them with a pinch of salt and black pepper. Easy, peasy!

My whole meal, as pictured, was 10 points plus. That's 3 slices of Light Raisin bread (4 points plus), 1 1/2 tbsp sugar free maple syrup (0 points plus), 1 cup eggbeaters (3 points plus - note: I used a portion of this 1 cup to dredged my bread in and the remainder I used to scramble), 2 slices of turkey bacon (1 points plus), and 3 oz of hashbrowns (2 points plus).

QUESTION:
What is your favorite breakfast item?

No comments:

Post a Comment