Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Edy's Limited Edition Take the Cake Ice Cream


When I saw this Edy's Limited Edition Take the Cake ice cream at the grocery store, I wanted it because I am a cake flavored ice cream fanatic. But I told myself to wait to buy it until we ate some of the ice cream we had at home in the freezer. A few weeks went by and I spotted the container at Walmart and decided to pick it up.

My boyfriend and I had this for dessert and I have to say it's one of the most delicious cake flavored ice creams I have had. My all-time favorite is from a local ice cream stand but I don't have it often because it's way up there in fat, calories and points plus values. This particular ice cream is packed with flavor, reminiscent of that high-fat ice cream from the ice cream stand, and relatively low in points plus values as far as ice cream is concerned.

The ice cream is a yellow shade and taste just like yellow cake. It kind of smells like it too. It's then jam packed with colored sprinkles (or jimmies if you're from Massachusetts!) and swirled with a bright blue frosting. It's a delicious concoction that any fan of cake flavored ice creams would enjoy. My boyfriend, who isn't a cake or cake batter aficionado as I am was quite enthralled with this and had a second bowl. I had my 1/2 cup serving straight out of my measuring cup. I mean adding it into a bowl would only make my serving look smaller and may have inevitably been the reason I added more to said bowl. So I played it safe.

The sad part is the line is limited edition. Why are all the deliciously good things limited edition?! From what I've heard this line was originally launched mid-2000's and then discontinued. I've got my fingers crossed this sticks around, or becomes permanent because it's fabulous.

A 1/2 cup serving is only 110 calories and 3 points plus values. Very well worth it.

QUESTION:
Have you tried any of the limited edition Edy's ice creams?

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm that looks so yummy!!! I will have to try some soon. I often find myself trying things after your recommend them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's totally delicious! From what I gather, after I posted this on IG, Edy's and Dreyer's are almost interchangable. I hope you enjoy as much as my boyfriend and I did!

      Delete