Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Taco Salad



I’ve mentioned numerous times how much I enjoy salads because they are so versatile. I’ve learned I can build a salad with unlimited ingredients for as little points plus values or as many as I wish.  Nothing is worse than a “plain ole salad” day in and day out.  This is a salad I tend to go for whenever it’s taco night in my house if I don’t feel like having tacos soft shell tortillas.

This entire salad is only 3 points plus values!  With that I’ve got a bed of garden salad, topped with 3 ounces of cooked ground turkey taco meat (seasoned with a Taco seasoning packet and onion). My salad is topped with chunky medium salsa and for a little spice kick, I garnished with jalapeño slices.  I find with my taco salads the salsa acts as a dressing, so there is no need to layer the salad with a salad dressing.

One thing I do tend to enjoy is occasionally eating my taco salads with a side of fresh soft tortillas (I buy the Joseph’s band wheat flax tortillas) to aid in “scooping” some of the salad into.  Or sometimes I jazz my salads up with a bit of Trader Joe’s Queso and garnish the plate with some tortilla chips.

Possibilities are quite endless which is why I love taco night at home!

QUESTION:
What is one of your favorite ways to dress up a salad?

No comments:

Post a Comment