Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Trader Joe's Chile Lime Chicken Burgers

These Trader Joe's Chile Lime Chicken Burgers are hands down one of my favorite meat products to pick up at Trader Joe's. Why? They're premade frozen chicken patties that are perfectly portioned, packed with flavor and very simple to make.

Chicken burgers (at least in my opinion) can be considered gross and plain. I enjoy chicken BUT I only enjoy chicken that is graciously seasoned. Chicken burgers are unlike hamburgers, they require seasoning to really taste like anything. These pack a flavorful punch including ingredients such as onions, bell peppers, garlic, cilantro, salt, lime juice and red pepper flakes. The flavors blend together well making a very unique and tasty eating experience.

The burgers are recommended to be thawed in the refrigerator for a few hours before cooking to make a quick and easy cooking experience. Throw them on the grill or in a frying pan both options provide a tasty end product. I do enjoy these on a classic multigrain slim, or even hamburger bun, topped with some of my favorite burger toppings (ketchup, mustard, red onion, lettuce and tomato). Although when I do have it handy I prefer to top these burgers with Trader Joe's Reduced Guilt Guacamole. It gives it a tex-mex vibe which is pleasing to my palette.

Each burger contains 150 calories - which equals a very gracious 3 points plus value. Delicious and low in points? No wonder it's one of my favorites!

QUESTION:
Have you tried Trader Joe's Chile Lime Chicken Burgers?

No comments:

Post a Comment