Thursday, August 1, 2013

Dinner: Homestyle Stuffing Chicken Breast w/ Potato



For the first time in a while, my boyfriend made a dinner request – stuffed chicken breast. So that’s what we planned on having and that’s exactly what we had!  I have to admit, it was a super easy and quick meal, but it was also delicious.

Barber Foods sells boxed stuffed chicken breasts which are raw. Basically, you remove the chicken breast from it’s individual packaging, put onto a baking sheet and bake it in the oven for the designated amount of time until cooked through.  I’ve been a fan of this brand for along time – their broccoli and cheese being one of my personal favs. But since Barber Foods makes a lot of their chicken with cheeses in them – it really limits what we can purchase since my boyfriend is not a fan of cheese.  The Barber Foods Seasoned Raw Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Homestyle Stuffing is a hot commodity and pretty hard to find sometimes. It’s a simple seasoned chicken breast, which is stuffed with homestyle stuffing.  They are delicious, moist and just a super quick and easy way to get dinner on the table without the extra work if you were to assemble stuffed chicken breast on your own.

While the chicken was cooking, we “cheated” and cooked the potatoes in the microwave.  We also used canned green beans as a side and unsweetened natural applesauce.  Dinner was done and plated in less than 35 minutes.

My entire plate shown was 9 points plus.  6 points plus for the Homestyle Stuffing Chicken Breast, 3 points plus for 5.5 ounce of potato, green beans and ¼ cup apple sauce.

QUESTION:
Have you tried any of the Barber Foods chicken breasts?


2 comments:

  1. I love that you post all these food finds. I'm going to try to look for these chicken breasts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that these posts are helpful! I know what it was like when I first started WW, eating was a little daunting because I never knew the points. Now I'm so comfortable, I like to "pay it forward" :)

      Delete