Wednesday, August 28, 2013

New Favorite Snack! Yogurt Parfait



This has been my newfound favorite snack and occasionally on those days where I’m not terribly hungry in the morning, my breakfast.  I do switch up the yogurt flavors depending on my mood but usually it’s either Yoplait’s Vanilla Greek Yogurt (2ppv) or Dannon Light & Fit Coconut Vanilla Greek Blends(2ppv).

Back in my hay-day I used to order the McDonald’s Parfait because I felt that was a healthier choice to go along with my McDonald’s breakfast (which consisted of McDonald’s sandwiches). I realize most parfaits come with granola but I tend to skip on that step. I haven’t found a granola that is point comfortable for a satisfying enough serving size. Yet even without it, the parfait is satisfying and filling.

I sprinkle a layer of fresh blueberries and strawberries into the bottom of a bowl.  A few times I’ve had to use frozen no-sugar added strawberries which I let defrost for a little while before layering.  I then add in my single serving of Greek yogurt (either coconut or vanilla) followed by additional blueberries and strawberries.

It’s totally delicious because it’s light, satisfying, delicious and refreshing.  The greatest part is its only 2 points plus.

QUESTION:
Do you make yogurt parfaits at home?

No comments:

Post a Comment