Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Barbara’s Peanut Butter Puffins



Puffins cereal, a favorite for many, but a cereal I have seen time and time again but had yet to try … until recently.  After checking the nutrition information I decided to pick up a box of Peanut Butter Puffins. Puffins are a gluten free cereal, which are made of corn, multigrains or honey-flavored rice.  There are a number of different flavor varieties (original, cinnamon, fruit medley, peanut butter and chocolate, etc.) provided by Barbara’s to really satisfy anybody’s “cereal tooth”.

Upon opening the box of Puffins I was initially surprised at how large the cereal pieces are. They reminded me of a shredded wheat (in size only) but puffier, which then made me think of a Captain Crunch cereal but only enlarged.  I tried one piece before adding it into my bowl and I was sold. They are crunchy, but airy, peanut buttery but not overwhelming and are slightly sweet.  They are good on their own, paired with fresh fruit or even (if you’re adventurous) paired with a bit of another cereal.  I’ve found the cereal is perfect, even when I eat it slower, because it doesn’t get soggy as fast as other cereals tend to.

A serving is ¾ cup, which is pretty staple in the cereal world, 110 calories, or in Weight Watchers terms 3 points plus values.

QUESTION:
Have you tried any Puffins cereal?

No comments:

Post a Comment