Friday, August 9, 2013

Steak Tip Salad



All year round, Steak Tip Salad is my “go to” food whenever we are having steak.  I also order steak tip salad while out at restaurants, because it’s a nice twist from the normal (and occasionally boring) grilled chicken salad.  Sirloin is very flavorful and I find even with it on a plain ole garden salad, it gives it such a new and different flavor.  Sometimes when I’m feeling “fancy” I add feta cheese to it – in that instance I don’t need salad dressing because it’s flavorful enough with the 2 extra added toppings.

This particular dinner consisted of a tossed salad (lettuce, tomato, red onion, carrots and cucumbers) alongside 3 ounces of grilled sirloin steak tips with some grilled onions.  I topped it with 2 tablespoons of fat free poppyseed dressing.  My entire dinner was a delicious 6 points plus values!

Here’s a little tip I use while eating out.  In my mind I know the points plus values for a 3 ounce serving of sirloin (as well as grilled chicken) – so my trick is, when ordering out, I’ll ask the waiter how many ounces the meat is cooked (not raw). This way, even without a scale, I can figure out the points that way instead of trying to judge how many ounces visually, while failing miserably (because I have portion distortion).

QUESTION:
Do you like steak tip salad?

No comments:

Post a Comment