Monday, August 19, 2013

Blueberries & Creme Crepe

This is an oldie but a goody so I wanted to share - my attempt at a blueberry compote & cream crepe. I haven't made these in a while, simply because I forgot I had this recipe on hand. I like crepes in the fall time, so I'll probably make this again next month. These crepes are finger licking (or plate licking if you're into that sort of thing - haha) good.
 

I followed the Skinnytaste recipe for Czech Crepes (Recipe here) to make the crepe batter, but I used my own recipe to make the blueberry compote. After making the batter I took out my smaller frying pan, coated it with non-stick cooking spray and over a medium flame, poured in 1/4c batter, swirled it around the pan and let it brown. Since I don’t have a crepe pen, I used a small dish, slid the crepe out onto the dish, and then returned it back to the pan to cook the other side. Transferring the partially cooked crepe to a plate and transferring back to the pan took the most time but it wasn't a painstaking process. It actually became easier the more I made. Since I didn't make the whip cream and fruit as the initial recipe shows, I threw the crepe recipe into Recipe Builder and it provides a 2 points plus values for each crepe (I made 12).
 

I made my blueberry compote (Recipe here) to dress the crepes. Sweet, slightly tart, and pure deliciousness - plus it's only 1 points plus value per serving. When added to the crepe it really brings it home. It truly reminded me of blueberry pierogies my grandmother used to make when I was a kid.
 

To top off the blueberry compote I had a tub of Fat Free Cool Whip that I placed 2 tbsp on top of the blueberries and folded it shut. You can use as little or as much as you'd like but adjust your points plus accordingly. It was SO yummy and definitely a hit! Not bad for a 3 points plus value dessert in which no one knows is Weight Watchers friendly!
 

QUESTIONS:
Have you ever made crepes at home?

No comments:

Post a Comment