Saturday, August 3, 2013

FAGE Total Split Cups Review



I was invited to take part in a BzzAgent BzzCampaign featuring FAGE Total Split Cup Greek yogurt.  I was immediately interested because I LOVE Greek yogurt, but I don’t try all the brands on the market – because lets face it, Greek yogurt can get pricey especially if you find after a bite or two you don’t like it.  I have seen a number of people eating them along with their lunch, but I had never taken the plunge to try it myself.

The interesting and unique part of this yogurt is the fact that the flavors are split. There is no “fruit on the bottom” or “blended flavors” in this yogurt – it’s simply a plain Greek yogurt on one side of the cup and on the other is the flavoring of the yogurt you’ve chosen. The flavoring resembles a loose jam or ice cream topping that can be mixed into the yogurt (my preference), layered with the yogurt bite by bite, etc.  It really allows you to control how much sweetness and flavoring you include with your yogurt.

The one great thing about this yogurt is there is no room for boring. There are so many different flavors available that it would certainly shake your everyday normal yogurt up.  The flavors available under the Total 0% are as follows: plain, raspberry, strawberry, peach, cherry, blueberry, cherry pomegranate, blueberry acai, mango guanabana, strawberry goji, honey, apple cinnamon raisins, orange cinnamon, passion fruit Clementine and kiwi papaya passion fruit.  Granted, your local grocery store may not carry all of these flavors (mine certainly doesn’t), but I found there were a number of flavors available to choose from without it being the same ole staple “boring” flavors.

Out of all the flavors I purchased, I enjoyed the blueberry the most.  It was filling and packed with flavor. The cherry was a second runner up but I found it was a little tarter than I’d hope for. I do not like plain Greek yogurt simply because it’s too tart for me to eat on its own.  But I will say, the plain yogurt is great to use as a vegetable dip.  I took the plain and added some ranch powdered dressing to it for a delicious, filling veggie dip.

These were a nice twist from the norm staple greek yogurts in my refrigerator.  They calculate out to 3 points plus values (the plain is 2 points plus values), which isn’t bad in comparison to some of the other brands on the market.  Overall, I did enjoy these – but I will admit, finding a flavor to suit your fancy can be a little trial and error as it is with really anything you buy that’s new to your palette.

QUESTION:
What is your favorite greek yogurt flavor?



No comments:

Post a Comment