Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Trader Joe’s Cookie Thins – Meyer Lemon



Another lemon dessert …but what can I say, my boyfriend and I are true lemon lovers.  I picked up these Trader Joe’s Meyer Lemon Cookie Thins because they were firstly, lemon and secondly they were cookies. Two of my favorite things morphed into one, so of course I had to give it a try.  These cookie thins do also come in a coconut and a ginger flavor – which I think would be fabulous now that I’ve tried these.

Opening the package you can immediately smell the lemon scent.  The cookies are definitely thin, they’re rather fragile as well, but they are delicious. They’re lemony, sweet but tart; they’re crispy and are slightly buttery which is kind of reminiscent of butter cookies.  In a way, the taste reminded me of the lemon tarts my boyfriend and I occasionally get from our local Italian bakery.  A serving is 9 cookies, which is quite a lot, but in all honesty, half a serving can be more than enough to satisfy my sweet tooth.  They’re great on their own and they are even great alongside some ice cream.

A serving is 130 calories and 4 points plus values. Completely worth it.

QUESTION:
Have you tried any of the Trader Joe’s cookie thins?

No comments:

Post a Comment