Sunday, August 18, 2013

Strawberry Banana Overnight Oats


I've heard and read a lot about overnight oats but had yet to give into the trend. Overnight oats have become quite the thing with so many different variaties available and different techniques to making them. I decided to go with a bit of the basics for my first batch but to jazz it up to my taste buds personal flavor category. Bring on the Strawberry Banana Overnight Oats!

I admit, I gave the mixture a little taste test before putting it into the refrigerator overnight and I was immediately hooked. The mixture was delicious even if it's raw, crunchy oatmeal form. That only made me incredibly excited for morning to come. At first I laughed, because I was excited for OATMEAL! Whodathunkit? Certainly not I. But I enjoyed this so much I have plans to make it again and I have plans to try out different concoctions depending on what my tastebuds may be wanting that day.

Serves 1. 6 Points Plus Values. (Or 3 points plus values for 1/2)
Ingredients:
- 5.3 oz Plain, Fat Free, Greek Yogurt (I used the single serving container by Dannon)
- 1/2 cup Old Fashioned Oats
- 5 strawberries, mashed
- 1/2 medium banana, mashed
- 1 Equal packet
- 1 tbsp Sugar Free Maple Syrup

Mash strawberries and banana in a bowl (that has a matching lid). Stir in equal packet and blend well.

Add in the yogurt and mix, then combine the mixture with half the oatmeal, blending then adding the remainder along with the tablespoon of maple syrup.

Mix until all contents are blended together. Cover with a lid and place in the refrigerator overnight (or a minimum of 6 hours).

The next day remove the lid, stir the contents and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm I love overnight oats!!I was very skeptical when I heard about them, but now I could eat them every day. You should try oats, yogurt, fresh strawberries and fresh kiwi. My all time favorite combo so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At first I was like "Oatmeal?" haha. I admit, I only eat oatmeal once in a blue moon and typically I find it fills me for a while but like a few hours later I'm hungry (but then again that's with the stuff with flavor in it). But this combination is just a slam dunk!

      That sounds quite yummy! Do you mash the strawberry and kiwi or do you leave it in chunks?

      Delete