Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Butterball Turkey Polska Kielbasa

Growing up kielbasa (the full fat kind) was a classic in my household. We’d eat it grilled, fried, or boiled and typically alongside pierogies or on a sandwich.  Since I don’t typically eat full-fat meats any longer, I’ve switched out for leaner alternatives. One of those alternatives is turkey kielbasa. One of the brands I purchase is Butterball Turkey Polska Kielbasa.

The only true difference I can tell is that 1) it’s less greasy, 2) it’s not as tough and 3) I don’t get heartburn for days after eating it.  I definitely enjoy the absence of heartburn because as much as I enjoy kielbasa I hated the burn a few hours after eating it.  These days, I fry up my kielbasa in a non-stick skillet to get a nice “crisp” on the outside. I typically throw onions and peppers into the mix to bulk up my meal, plus it’s a great way to incorporate vegetables into the dish.  I typically cook the kielbasa up in chunks or I dice it up – it truly depends on my mood or how much I have to stretch it.

On this day I enjoyed my kielbasa with onions and peppers alongside some sautéed fresh vegetables and some Ore-Ida Simply potato wedges.  Great meal even without the bread!  A 2 ounce serving is 2 points plus values, or if you’re counting calories it’s 100 calories per serving.

QUESTION:
What is your favorite brand of kielbasa?

No comments:

Post a Comment