Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Sheila G's Brownie Brittle - Salted Caramel

I introduced myself to the Sheila G line of Brownie Brittle a couple years ago after seeing it time and time again at my local supermarket. It wasn't until I started spotting the different flavors in stores, that I "expanded my knowledge" on the product.  So needless to say, when I found the Sheila G's Brownie Brittle in Salted Caramel while out shopping, I had to pick up a bag.

If you're unfamiliar with brownie brittle - it's a treat that's what you'd get if a brownie and a crispy cookie had a baby. It's a crisp, crunchy flat snack.  It's your classic rich chocolate brownie flavor that's crispy, flattened and crunchy. It undoubtedly cures the "brownie itch" if you're having one. It kills two birds with one stone: crunchy and sweet.

I admit, I was intrigued because it was labeled salted caramel. I love salted caramel beverages and desserts ... so I went into this with high expectations. Unfortunately, the salted caramel flavor was a miss. The caramel wasn't very noticeable and the salted was few and far between (meaning there may be 1 piece of salt on each crisp).  Regardless of the fact ... this is still delicious because it is brownie brittle. But if you're going into it hoping for a strong salted caramel flavoring, you will be utterly disappointed.

A 1 ounce serving is 120 calories or 3 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment