Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Trader Joe's Roasted Chicken Patties

As a frequent shopper, I've seen the Trader Joe's Roasted Chicken Patties from time to time. I decided to pick a package up to give it a try because it is more along the lines of a convenience food (as in you heat it and eat it). Even though I typically prefer raw chicken burger patties I figured I’d forgo my preference and ‘think outside the box’ if you will.

Truthfully, I'd been hesitant to purchase the patties because they are quite thick. I have texture issues with food and chicken products tend to be my nemesis, particularly when it comes to texture. I stashed these in the refrigerator and pulled them out one day when I wasn't in the mood to truly cook. I heated the patties in the microwave per the directions and allowed them to cool just slightly before serving.

The patties are refrigerated, fully cooked, and are a pretty good source of protein (26 grams).  The downside as you can imagine is the texture. They're thick, chewy, almost rubbery patties. I feel like you could bounce them they're so condensed and chewy. I merely ate it because I had no other options and I was quite hungry … but I wasn’t really a fan and I more than likely will not be repurchasing these.

Each patty is 180 calories or 5 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment