Monday, July 14, 2014

Hungry Jack Easy Pack Funfetti Pancakes


I have been on the hunt for this pancake mix for months and have come up empty handed ... until recently. I stopped at one of my local grocery stores to run in and get a breakfast item they stock. On my way through the pancake aisle, I figured I'd check to see if they had the Hungry Jack Easy Pack - Funfetti and surprisingly, they did!
 
If you're unfamiliar, Funfetti is a type of cake mix which is your staple cake mix with colored confetti pieces running throughout it. They don't add any real flavor to the batter ... just some fun coloring.  And that is the exact case in these ... it gives the pancakes a fun rainbow effect of colors without altering the flavor in any way.  That may be disappointing to some ... but these are your average, run of the mill buttermilk pancakes with snazzy coloring here and there.
 
The directions state to combine your dry mix with water, stir, let sit for 3-minutes, then make your pancakes. I found allowing the batter to sit thickened it up and made the pancakes a little airier.  Overall, they were good ... even better with a few strawberries sliced up on top.  They're enjoyable for kids ... as well as for adults who have an inner child.
 
A serving, 1/3 cup dry mix, is 150 calories or 4 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment