Saturday, July 19, 2014

Morning Star Farms Roasted Garlic & Quinoa Veggie Burgers

When I went on vacation, I hit up one of the local grocery stores to buy some groceries for the week. Since I figured veggie burgers would be a quick and easy meal I hopped to it when I spotted a new Morning Star product. The description sounded good so I figured I'd give it a try and into my cart Morning Star Farms Roasted Garlic & Quinoa vegetable burgers went.

I absolutely love garlic and lentils, so I was all over this before I even knew what it would taste like. I've had quinoa a few times, and admittedly it's not my favorite grain, but when it's mixed with a bunch of stuff it's not very noticeable. In my eyes, the burgers had a Mediterranean flare to them. The flavors aren’t bold, they’re rather subtle but they mesh well together and are quite tasty.

I chose to heat them up in the microwave because there are times where convenience trumps all. I have to say ... these burgers are absolutely delicious. I think they take the first place spot and kick the spicy black bean burgers into 2nd.  They've got such a pleasant flavor to them and the texture isn't hard, nor is it soft ... its right in the middle. They went well with a little mustard, lettuce, tomato and a squirt of ketchup. The burger was filling, delicious and will undoubtedly be a repeat purchase for me.

A serving is 1 burger, which is 130 calories or 3 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment