Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Trader Joe's Wild Blueberry Pie

I introduced myself to Trader Joe's pies last month and was pretty impressed. So when I popped into the store to buy some groceries and blueberry pie was being sampled, I knew I was more than likely going to be sold. After a small bite of the sampled pie, I placed a Trader Joe's Wild Blueberry Pie into my shopping cart.

The pie is filled with small, slightly sweet, slightly tart blueberries which are encased in a smooth blueberry sauce. According to the crew member serving the pie, it was filled with blueberries fresh from Maine.  The crust is that standard, soft, slightly chewy, homemade crust I believe is signature with Trader Joe's pies.  A little dollop of whipped cream onto the top of this pie truly makes it a homerun.

A serving of pie, 1/6th, is 170 calories or 5 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment