Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Trader Joe's Chocolate Chip Brownie & Oats Bar

Snack bars are something I like to have on hand for the occasional instance where I need a snack or I need something that's portable. I spotted these Trader Joe's Chocolate Chip Brownie & Oats Bars and plopped them into my shopping cart. What sold me? Truthfully, the word "brownie."
 
After giving these a try, I found going into them hoping for a brownie alternative ... it's there but it's not 100%.  I'd say it tastes like a "healthy brownie". Since it's made with oats, it's got a slightly chunky texture to it. It's very chocolatey which is perfect for those who are chocolate dessert or even general chocolate fans. The chips in it give it an added crunch while also providing a smooth chocolate flavoring. I did quite enjoy these and found them to be satisfying as a small snack or part of a dessert.
 
Trying these bars, I found a few useful ways to enjoy them. Out of the package is fine, warmed slightly in the microwave, or better yet, warmed in the microwave and topped with a little bit of ice cream or fresh fruit and whipped cream. It transforms it into a delightful little dessert.
 
Each bar is 120 calories or 3 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment