Thursday, July 31, 2014

Lay's Kettle Cooked Wasabi Ginger Potato Chips

When I spotted the new Do Us A Flavor display at my local grocery store I picked up two flavors: the Lay's Bacon Mac & Cheese and the Lay's Kettle Cooked Wasabi Ginger. I absolutely love ginger so I was anticipating giving these potato chips a shot.

Opening the bag you can see the flavoring on the chips.  Eating my first one I thought they're pretty decent. As I ate a few more I found myself pondering, trying to figure out what flavors I was possibly tasting. The chips tastes familiar ... like something I've had before, but like something I can't quite put my finger on. It's a unique, but satisfying flavor. I find you can taste garlic, you can taste a mild spice/wasabi flavor, and in an odd way ... they're reminiscent of a sour cream & onion potato chip. There is a minor zip in there from the ginger but it's not really noticeable ... there's just a collection of flavor categories that I find are hard to pinpoint.

Regardless of the complex flavors these are pretty delicious potato chips. I enjoy the fact that they're kettle cooked because they're nice, crunchy chips which pack a flavor punch. Admittedly ... even though I think these are tasty on their own I think the Bacon Mac & Cheese win over these just because with those the flavors are noticeable whereas with this variety it’s a guessing game.

As usual, a serving size is 1 ounce  (roughly 18 chips) which is 150 calories or 4 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment