Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Limited Edition Banana Split Oreo's

I've said this before and I'll say it again ... I'm a sucker for Oreo's. Something about that chocolate cookie and that sweet cream gets me every time. So, needless to say, when I see a limited edition flavor on the shelves the cookie monster inside of me wants to give them a try. So, with that ... I picked up a package of the Limited Edition Banana Split Oreo's.
Not only am I a sucker for Oreo's ... but I'm a sucker for anything banana flavored. Banana coffee, ice cream, cookies, muffins, etc. ... you name it, if it's banana I'll more than likely try it. So you can pretty much sum up my excitement to try these cookies. And I will say ... they certainly didn't let me down.
Upon first bite you're rewarded with this banana flavoring. It's there, it's sweet and it's in your face, but not overwhelmingly. The chocolate cookie golden cookie certainly balance out the flavor without making one more overpowering than the other. I feel the cookies help balance out the overall flavor. Now I've taken apart my cookies and tried the pink filling and it's very much muted in comparison to the banana. It's very much a muted berry flavoring - but it doesn't scream strawberry.
The whole cookie really reminds me of just banana cookies. The banana flavor steals the show and is really all that can be tasted with a solid bite. That is unless you pick your cookie apart you can taste each layer separately.  Overall ... these get 2 thumbs up from me.
A serving, 2 cookies, is 140 calories or 4 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment