Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Trader Joe's Grilled Balsamic Vinegar & Rosemary Chicken

During those hot summer months where the last thing you want to do is stand around a hot stove or hot grill and cook something ... I tend to go for convenience items. Something that can give me a boost of protein, fill my belly and not make the house hot and/or make me too hot. I picked up a package of Trader Joe's Grilled Balsamic Vinegar & Rosemary Chicken one trip as my primary lunch for a few days.
 
Initially I wasn't sure if I'd like the flavor of the chicken that much since rosemary can tend to be one of those hit or miss herbs for me. In some dishes it's too strong, whereas in others it's paired perfectly ... and this was one of those dishes where it was paired perfectly with the balsamic vinegar. I packed up my lunches for a few days by measuring out my serving and placing into bowls and heating in the microwave per package directions.
 
I enjoyed the grilled chicken over salad alongside a side of Trader Joe's Balela. What I like most about this chicken is not only that it's convenient but that first and foremost it's flavorful, juicy, and most importantly that it's real chicken! The grill marks on the chicken also gave the chicken some added texture which gave it almost a home-cooked vibe instead of a pre-packaged meal vibe. I'm a self proclaimed chicken snob - partly because I have texture issues with some foods and that I sometimes pick at my food as I eat. This chicken surpassed the test and was quite enjoyable to have as a lunch for a couple days.
 
A serving, 3 ounces, is 100 calories or 2 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment