Wednesday, July 9, 2014

S'mores

Summer time ... summer fun ... campfires, bonfires and even firing up the grill. For some reason during the summer and fall months, S'mores are just something a lot of folks look forward to. It's got the crunch and it's got the sweetness - so it does the job and typically one is more than enough, at least for my taste buds.
 
We had a barbecue at my house this past weekend and my aunt brought over the ingredients to make s'mores. I didn't have any the day of, but the next day they sounded delicious. So I made a couple to share amongst family.
 
I took the easy woman's way out ... sticking a few marshmallows on a skewer stick and "roasting" them over an oven flame. Ideally I burn my marshmallows because I swear it tastes better that way because the inside gets all ooey gooey and the outside has a bit of a crunch.
 
The best part is a s'more is only 5 points plus - at least the way I make them:
 
1 graham cracker sheet
2 (standard size) roasted marshmallows
1/4 (3 squares) Hershey chocolate bar

No comments:

Post a Comment