Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Trader Joe's Fat Free Angel Food Cake

Angel Food Cake is one of those desserts that I can have, truly, any time of the year ... but for some reason I associate it with spring/summer months. So ideally, those are the times that I typically eat it. One day on a run through Trader Joe's I spotted and picked up a Trader Joe's Fat Free Angel Food Cake.
 
What intrigued me first and foremost was the fact this cake is smaller than your average angel food cake for sale at most stores. This contains four servings instead of 8-10 like most full-sized angel food cakes. This cake at Trader Joe's was softer, was sprinkled with powdered sugar and each serving was a pretty generous quarter of the cake.
 
The powdered sugar definitely added a hint of sweetness which was more than enough, especially when paired with fresh fruit and/or whipped cream.
 
A serving, 1/4th of the cake is 120 calories or 3 points plus values.

2 comments:

  1. You did it again. I got an angel food cake the other day, too, and it's been ages since I had one! Mine was a typical supermarket cake, and, curiously, it was the same weight overall, 227g, and listed as 8 servings. Nutritional values per slice were right at half of the TJ info. So, while the TJ cake might appear smaller, maybe it was more dense?? I'll have to check it out next time I go there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wondered the same thing .. how in the world? But many, many times they surprise me!

      Delete