Sunday, July 20, 2014

Trader Joe's Soft & Juicy Mandarins

It was recommended to me to try out the Trader Joe's Soft & Juicy Mandarins after I told a few folks that I loved the soft & juicy mango. Ideally I would have not picked this up if I just spotted it on the shelf on my own because ... I'm one of those people who is relatively picky about their mandarin oranges.
 
The mandarins are your classic soft and juicy mandarin oranges which are dehydrated. In my opinion the "juicy" somewhat away after dehydrating and they're left to be chewy and a little bit harder than one would expect. By harder I mean the natural skin on the mandarin slices becomes a little tougher. Although, I do want to clarify that if you are able to get one of the thicker mandarins they are, well, juicier.
 
Taste wise they're not bad - they're citrusy and they're sweet. I find after a few of these they get to be too sweet for my taste buds - far more than say, the soft and juicy mango. Overall, they're not bad they are a unique and different treat.
 
A serving (14 pieces) is 140 calories or 4 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment