Sunday, June 29, 2014

Trader Joe’s Soy Creamy Non-Dairy Frozen Dessert Mini Chocolate Sandwiches



As I mentioned in the past, the past few months I’ve been finding myself scanning the selection in the ice cream section at Trader Joe’s. Admittedly, due to the positioning (tucked away toward the back of the freezer) and the packing on this product I would have never noticed it. If it wasn’t for a fellow shopper picking up 4-boxes…. it peaked my interest and that’s when I decided to pick up a box of Trader Joe’s Soy Creamy Non-Dairy Frozen Dessert Mini Chocolate Sandwiches.

The ice cream sandwiches are sold in both chocolate and vanilla. Typically, I’m a vanilla ice cream girl in frozen treats … but since my fellow shopper got the chocolate I figured those were probably the tastiest. They’re low fat, non-dairy and give a perfect hit of chocolate flavoring with a chocolate cake like sandwich.

These do cure the want for an ice cream sandwich … although as expected, you can tell this isn’t ice cream. It’s not as creamy as traditional ice cream sandwiches; they have a mild soy flavor, which isn’t that noticeable due to it being chocolate. They’re the perfect individual size (they’re half the size of a traditional ice cream sandwich).

Each sandwich is 90 calories or 2 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment