Sunday, June 1, 2014

Pizza Bites

This delicious recipe is all thanks to a picture I saw on Pinterest. They looked delicious, seemed simple enough and since I saw the post around the same time I made a trip to Aldi I purchased a few things while at the store to have on hand.  The picture I saw used mini muffin tins and flaky biscuits ... but I opted to use your traditional regular size muffin tins and classic style biscuits.

I swapped out the biscuits from the jumbo flaky kind to your traditional classic plain biscuits. Since the biscuits I used allowed for 2 biscuits to be a serving, I just stuck each raw biscuit into the bottom of a greased muffin tin and called it a day.  The end result was a delicious, unique treat which refrigerated well and reheated well too (or was perfect to eat cold).  As a pizza fan ... I quite enjoyed these and will never look at a Bagel Bite the same again. These are great to have as a fun dinner while they’re great to serve as portion sized appetizers.

Here's how I made these Pizza Bites:
  
Serves 10. 2 Points Plus/serving. (2 biscuits = 4 points plus)
Ingredients:

  • 1 can classic biscuits (I used a can with 5 servings, 2 biscuits per serving - Aldi brand)
  • 10 tbsp marinara sauce (I used Aldi’s Organic Marinara sauce)
  • 1/3 cup Kraft fat free shredded mozzarella
  • 20 slices Hormel turkey pepperoni
  • Italian seasoning (optional)
  • Nonstick cooking spray
Spray muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Separate biscuits from one another and press into the bottom of each muffin tin, pushing biscuits out just slightly to go up the edges (enough to hold the sauce without ‘boiling’ over.

Spoon 1 tablespoon of marinara sauce into the center of each dough.

Evenly distribute the 1/3 cup (roughly 1 ½ tsp) of shredded mozzarella over the top of each biscuit with sauce.

Place 2 pepperoni slices over each pizza & sprinkle with a pinch of Italian seasoning.

Place muffin tin into a 400 degree oven and bake for roughly 8-10 minutes until the biscuits are perfectly golden brown.

Serve and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment