Sunday, June 22, 2014

Pepperidge Farm Banana Nut Cookies

Growing up Pepperidge Farm desserts were an item my parents enjoyed and we had on hand frequently. It also didn’t help that we had a Pepperidge Farm outlet not that long of a drive away. That aside, when I spotted the Pepperidge Farm Banana Nut cookies at my local Stop & Shop I was sold. I’m a banana dessert sucker … if it says banana, I’m probably going to want to try it. … so to the cashier the bag went with me.

Admittedly when I see Pepperidge Farm cookies, I automatically assume they’re going to be crunchy. Truthfully, I didn’t see these were soft baked cookies until I removed a cookie from the packaging … but considering its banana flavored, I shouldn’t have assumed they were crunchy cookies. The cookies are quite tasty, they’re not overpowering on the banana flavor, nor do they provide any artificial banana flavoring. Sprinkled over the top of each cookie are some chopped walnuts which add a bit of crunch to the dessert. They are a bit reminiscent of banana bread … yet not quite a dead ringer for the delicious treat.

Each cookie is 130 calories or 3 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment