Monday, June 2, 2014

Angie's Boom Chicka Pop Caramel & Cheddar Popcorn Mix

Popcorn and I have become good friends over the years. It's a light yet filling snack and I've given a number of brands a shot over the last few years. One brand I'm constantly intrigued by is Angie's Boom Chicka Pop line. I've tried nearly every flavor I've come across ... so needless to say when I spotted Angie's Boom Chicka Pop Caramel & Cheddar Mix I had to pick up a bag.

My initial thought when I opened and saw the popcorn was that of the popcorn tins ... you know the ones people gift to friends/family around the holidays? The tins typically have butter, caramel and cheddar popcorn in it all divided by a cardboard insert for the eater to eat it however they please. When I was a kid the cheddar and caramel popcorn was definitely my favorite and the butter flavor always was the one I left to its lonesome. This popcorn reminds me of mixing the cheddar and caramel popcorn from the popcorn tins. It’s delicious, it keeps the taste buds on their toes and it makes for a fun snack.

It’s definitely one of those savory snacks … it’s a classic strong cheddar popcorn and a crispy, sweet caramel popcorn. Grabbing a handful, it’s a decent mixture of the two flavor categories. What I will say, is I find it’s a lot easier to proportion the popcorn up as soon as the bag is open … otherwise it’s very easy to just open the bag and have “a little bit more.” It’s delicious … yet addicting, particularly if the bag is open and not portioned out to friendly serving size amounts.

If you’re interested in giving this a try, I do know this is sold at Target locations (I want to note, I saw these on the clearance shelf this past weekend Saturday, May 31st). I have yet to see these at Wal-Mart, but if you’re in the New England area these are sold at Market Basket locations.

A serving is 1 1/4 cups (28g) which is 120 calories or 3 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment