Sunday, June 22, 2014

Chewy Chips Ahoy! Oreo Crème Filled cookies



A friend of mine shared this with me on Facebook and I immediately put it on my mental list of things I’d have to look for at the store. Low and behold, on a quick run through the market to get some fruits and veggies, I spotted the new Chewy Chips Ahoy! Oreo Crème Filled cookies and in that instance, they landed in my shopping cart.

Oreo’s are undoubtedly one of my favorite cookies. So seeing two enjoyable cookies morphed into one definitely peaked my interest. I had tried the Birthday Frosting cookies before these and wasn’t that impressed …. so I had high hopes for these.

The cookies are just as they’re shown … it’s your traditional chewy chips ahoy chocolate chip cookie, which nestled in the middle of the cookie is a layer of crème which is inside Oreo cookies.  Taste wise, they’re good …but they’re not mind blowingly fabulous.  It’s an interesting take on a classic to say the least.  I will say if you nibble on it you can truly taste the cream …but if you take a normal sized bite the cream flavor isn’t that noticeable.  The one thing I feel would totally knock these out of the park would be to nestle a whole Oreo in the middle of the cookie. Talk about potential mind blowing!

I shared these with family when they came over to visit and my 2-year old nephew completely loved them … so much that I let him take the package home with him.

A serving (2 cookies) is 150 calories or 4 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment