Sunday, June 8, 2014

Jacquet French Crepes - Chocolate

I spotted these Jacquet French Chocolate Crepes while at Stop & Shop and decided to pick up a pack.  I enjoy dessert crepes and figured this would be an easy way to get the taste without actually having to make crepes (which I admit is a pretty simple task but cooking them all up is a timely manner). Since I was aiming for quick convenience I tossed a package into my grocery cart and of I went.

Reading over the package, the crepes can be eaten straight out of the packaging, or they can be heated in the microwave for a couple of seconds. I went with the heating method and popped the crepe into the microwave for 7 seconds. It was warmed, but not scalding hot. After the first bite ... I wasn’t a fan. Crepes are just one of those things that are served best moments after they are made. These crepes were a bit rubbery, stale, and just not all that enjoyable. The chocolate was a decent flavor, because it can be somewhat hard to screw up chocolate … but the total package wasn’t something I’d repurchase … nor was it something that I even ate again.

Well … you win some, you lose some … and this was a loss.

Each crepe is 130 calories or 4 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment