Sunday, August 17, 2014

Trader Joe’s Red Cold Pressed Juice

I’ve heard a lot about the benefits of juicing … and then I’ve heard about cold pressed juices and how god they are for you.  The costs of cold pressed juices are through the roof ($9-12 a bottle and some places sell a 3-day cleanse for over $100). Truthfully, I feel $9 is a little steep for a juice I’m not even sure I’d like. Needless to say when I saw a line at Trader Joe’s I decided to give it a try. Scanning over the available varieties … I went with what I felt was the “safest” (meaning more of the ingredients I enjoyed at the time) – Trader Joe’s Red Cold Pressed Juice.

What sold me was the fact it has beets in it. I love beets… they’re one of my favorite vegetables to have all year long. But they’re also one of those vegetables that get a bad rep.  Admittedly before this point I had never really juiced. But I wanted to try something new, something healthy … so bottoms up I went.

The juice contains 1 ¼ beets, roughly ½ cucumber, 1 medium apple, 2 1/4 carrots,1/3 lb spinach, 2 inches of ginger and some celery. Unfortunately this was not a juice for me. I did not like it at all. It was too celery tasting for me to handle. The apple didn’t give it much sweetness … and the ginger was very mild in flavor.  It does have that irony beet flavor. I think your taste buds have to be trained to drink something like this to fully enjoy it.

A bottle is 110 calories or 3 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment