Friday, August 8, 2014

Trader Joe's Authentic Belgian Waffles

Waffles are one of those foods that I enjoy, but look at as a treat. It's a dish that I have once in a while ... and oddly enough at dinner time. Time after time I've seen the Trader Joe's Authentic Belgian Waffles in the freezer section but decided to not pick them up for one reason or another. That is until I was on a mission switch up my eating ... so I brought a box home.
 
I don't recall having belgian waffles all that often. Perhaps as a kid when I went away with my parents and we had breakfast out at a restaurant. Although these belgian waffles are fabulous. A couple minutes in the microwave to toast them up and they come out perfectly. They've got a little crunch on the outside, but the inside is fluffy, soft and slightly chewy. I found them to be absolutely perfect with just a small drizzle of syrup over them and some fresh strawberries and blueberries. Taste wise they're "plain" but they're easily jazzed up with whatever topping you decide to put on them.
 
A serving is 1 waffle which is 130 calories or 3 points plus values.

1 comment:

  1. I love these with low calorie whipped cream as a dessert. It's a nice alternative to our State Fair Cream Puffs which are 10 points! Thanks for all your food suggestions. ~Lindy

    ReplyDelete