Saturday, August 2, 2014

Trader Joe's Hickory Barbeque Baked Potato Chips



Every once in a while I'm on the hunt for a new potato chip - typically for a new flavor or just the need to cure the want for a "crunch". One of the chips I tend to pick up from time to time are the Trader Joe's Hickory Barbeque Baked Potato Chips.

The two things that intrigued me the most about these potato chips are the fact that they're baked and that they're hickory barbeque flavored. I'm not a huge barbeque chip fan ... except I do enjoy the sweeter barbeque flavors over the spicier. These are what I'd describe as middle of the road. They're slightly sweet, yet mildly spiced. The texture of these chips isn’t your classic crispy fried potato chips. These are slightly thicker than your average potato chip ... but they're also harder and crunchier (then again, they are baked).  They're not airy like some other baked/popped chips these have a bite to them ... but they're not hard. They're just slightly harder than your average baked potato chip – if that makes sense.  These are quite good and I do enjoy them, perhaps more than some of the other baked potato chips I've tried over time. I have repurchased these numerous times and have paired these against a sandwich option for lunch or dinner and they’ve gone over well amongst my lunch/dinner guests.

A serving is 1 ounce (28g or roughly 20 chips), which is 120 calories or 3 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment