Sunday, August 3, 2014

Pinterest made me do it: Salsa Verde Chicken Enchiladas

I was browsing Pinterest one day and pinned a recipe for Salsa Verde Chicken Enchiladas. Better yet, it turned out I had pulled chicken in the refrigerator that I had needed to use up. So while at the grocery store I picked up some flour burrito tortillas, salsa verde and some shredded Mexican cheese blend. Yes! This only takes 4 ingredients!

I changed the recipe just a tad by adding in 2 tablespoons of chunky medium salsa to the chicken mixture simply because it was a little too dry. The combination of the chunky salsa and salsa verde was spectacular. It was such a simple, easy dish to put together but it was loaded with flavor, textures and deliciousness. After plating I served this to myself with a small side salad … all together a perfectly delicious meal!

The original recipe can be found here.

I cut the serving down to a single serving using 3 ounces shredded chicken breast, ¼ cup shredded 2% Mexican cheese blend, 3 tbsp salsa verde, 2 low carb flour tortillas, and I opted to use an additional 2 tbsp chunky mild salsa (optional but I used it).

I added a tablespoon of salsa verde to the bottom of a non-stick casserole dish, rolled up my individual enchiladas (I mixed the chicken, ½ the cheese and 1 tbsp salsa verde and 2 tbsp chunky salsa to a bowl, mixed and layered into 2 flour tortillas).  I topped with a tablespoon of salsa verde and the remaining shredded cheese. I baked in a 350 degree oven for roughly 10 minutes (just enough for the cheese to melt). My 2 enchiladas came out to be 10 points plus values.


No comments:

Post a Comment