Thursday, August 7, 2014

Bolthouse Farms Green Goodness

Lately I've been toying with the idea of juicing. I figured before I went all in buying the fruits and vegetables to juice I'd buy something off the shelf to try beforehand ... just to see if it's something my taste buds agreed with. I've seen the Bolthouse Farms Green Goodness in the prepared juices section of my grocery store time and time again.

After comparing some of the available green juice options, I felt Green Goodness (I call it Green Goddess ... it wasn't until I read the label I realized I was wrong the whole time) was the best to give a whirl. The juice has apple, pineapple, mango, banana, kiwi, spinach, cucumber, green tea, garlic, broccoli, wheat grass, etc. in it. Admittedly looking at it ... it looks daunting and since I have some textural issues I wasn't sure if I'd be able to drink it.

Surprisingly so ... this is quite delicious! It's NOT thick, but it's thicker than say, your average beverage - water/soda, but it's not as thick as a smoothie ... it's kind of in between but more on the waterier side of the spectrum. What I like about this is as an introduction to green juices this is sweet. You can taste the apple, pineapple, mango ... while in the background you can taste a hint of banana and spinach. The "green" part of it is muted by the natural sweetness of the fruit and juices used.

Even though I no longer drink juice (apple, orange, etc.) I found this to be quite enjoyable. If I were to make it at home I would cut back on the sweetness but it's a foot in the 'right' direction. I plan on keeping the flavors in this juice in mind when I go out shopping to pick up some goodies to make my own green juice at home.

The 15.2 fl ounce bottle contains two 8 fl oz servings, 140 calories a serving or 4 points plus - or the whole bottle is 280 calories or 7 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment