Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Trader Joe's Dried Baby Sweet Pineapple

I am not really a dried fruit person - it's really give or take for me. But recently I had been looking into dried pineapple because I've heard how good it is. I picked up a pack of the large dried pineapple rings but an employee told me she had not tried those but she loved the Trader Joe's Dried Baby Sweet Pineapple. I decided to go with her recommendation and picked up a bag to try out.
 
Pineapple is typically one of those fruits I enjoy in its natural form. Candied pineapple can get too sweet and it's just not something I look for. With some fruits, when dried, they can become what I call "fruit leather" which is why I tend to not reach for dried fruit very often.
 
When I opened the bag I was slightly concerned because you can see the core of the pineapple. Typically the core is hard and not something you attempt to eat in fresh pineapple. Concerns aside I popped a smaller piece in my mouth and was pleasantly surprised. The fruit is chewy, sweet, relatively soft and quite delicious. The core of the pineapple isn't hard. A serving is also plentiful (particularly if you weigh it out on a food scale).  This can get a little overwhelmingly sweet so I find a few pieces is more than enough to satisfy the sweet tooth.
 
A 40g serving (roughly 1/4 of the bag), is 130 calories or 3 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment