Monday, August 18, 2014

Haul: Weight Watchers Cook It Fast Cookbook

I learned about this new Weight Watchers Cook it Fast Cookbook from a fellow Weight Watchers member on Instagram. I'm a Weight Watchers cookbook fanatic so I decided to give this one a try. Afterall it was only $12 on Amazon with free shipping to Amazon Prime members.
 
Years ago I used to love watching Rachel Ray's 30-Minute Meals. Granted, at the time, I was only beginning to start to get into cooking ... but it was a way to make a meal, quickly, that wasn't out of a box. I figured this cookbook would be similar to that ... the only difference I didn't have to plug the recipe into e-tools recipe builder to figure out the points plus values!
 
From what I've seen this cookbook is pretty decent. It's broken down into time allotments - 15, 20 and 30 minutes. There's a mixture of breakfast, lunch and dinner ideas. The subsections are not necessarily broken up into those categories, but they tend to follow that pattern. At the beginning of each time allotment there is an index which lists all recipes in that section along with the associated page number.
 
Just due to the layout this is a cookbook you'd have to flip through beforehand to get an idea of what you'd like to make. There's no saying "I have chicken... what am I doing with it?" that is unless the recipe name contains that word in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment