Friday, August 1, 2014

Arby's Seasoned Curly Fries

French fries are one of those sides that I enjoy with certain foods. Hamburgers, sloppy joe, sandwiches, etc. It's a classic side dish and since I don't really fry french fries any longer (I bake them) I'm always checking out the available brands in my grocery stores freezer section. I do enjoy making my own french fries from time to time, but when life is busy convenience is key.
 
While shopping one afternoon I spotted and picked up a bag of the Arby's Seasoned Curly Fries. Curly fries are a fun dish, while seasoned fries are great because they can make a plain "boring" french fry pop.  I have to admit my closest Arby's is over 34 miles away ... so I have never been to the chain so I can't quite compare to how these taste compared to the fries served in store.
 
I baked the fries in the oven on a non-stick baking sheet, spritzed with non-stick cooking spray. I also spray a light mist over the top of the fries as I find this helps crisp them up more. The fries bake up to perfection in 16-18 minutes. The fries bake up crispy, while some are soft, the seasoning is pretty good (mild in spice). I do find these tend to come across a little oily when they're taken fresh out of the oven, but when they have a moment to cool and are plated it's not an issue. Overall, these are a pretty fun and delicious alternative to the plain ole french fry.
 
A serving, roughly 1 1/3 cups (84g), is 200 calories or 5 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment