Monday, August 4, 2014

Lay's Wavy Mango Salsa Potato Chips

Truthfully, I wasn't going to buy these potato chips. That is until I was shopping while hungry, saw they were on sale and figured "eh, why not?" That's when the Lay's Wavy Mango Salsa Potato Chips jumped into my shopping cart.

The chips are part of the Lay's Do Us A Flavor campaign ... and they are one of the flavors I was really questioning. I mean mango salsa potato chips? I LOVE mangoes and I love potato chips ... but the two just don't jive in my world. Mango salsa (the actual salsa) with tortilla chips, perhaps, but potato chips? I don't really know...

Opening the bag I could smell mango. Taking a bite of the chip ... all I could taste was mango. Mango, mango, mango! I ate another chip and couldn't handle anymore. They're a sweet, mango flavored chips. I've tried these chips a few times, each try only being able to handle 2 chips. I gave them a fair shot but I don't get any "salsa" flavor, I get mango ... crunchy mango potato chips. The two worlds just should have never crossed or become one. I think it's fair to say that I do not like these chips ... they're frankly disgusting.

If you're brave enough a serving is 1 ounce (roughly 15 chips), which is 150 calories or 4 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment