Thursday, August 21, 2014

Angie's Sweet & Spicy Kettle Corn

I spotted and picked up a bag of Angie's Sweet & Spicy Kettle Corn one day on a day trip to Maine with family. I was surprised to find such a unique flavor considering in my area there's only 4 flavor varieties that my local grocery chains stock and sell.

The flavor sounded unique and since I do like my occasional pizzazz filled snack I figured this would do the trick. Upon first bite you can taste the natural sweetness that comes with kettle corn ... and then comes the heat. At first it's mild … but as you eat a little more it gets spicier. I found some kernels were so caked in spice that I was literally coughing from the heat. The sweetness from the kettle corn goes away and all that was left was spicy hot heat. Lots and lots of heat. My mouth was absolutely on fire! I find this to be good and tasty, but it's undoubtedly a snack you need to have a beverage on hand to consume. It’s also a snack that’s better in small doses.

A serving is 2 cups (28g) for 140 calories or 4 points plus values

No comments:

Post a Comment