Saturday, August 2, 2014

Stuffed Chicken Breast



Chicken is one of those foods that I’m very picky about. My chicken has to be flavorful, it has to be seasoned and it has to be without skin and bone. Growing up this is actually a quick and easy dish my mother would throw together for dinner. It’s not complex in the least and it’s minimally seasoned (at least for what I consider ‘seasoned’) but the flavors go together so well that it’s perfect every time.

The chicken breast can be assembled in two ways – cutting a large chicken breast down the middle (not all the way but open like a hot dog bun) and stuffing it with the stuffing OR you can go the easier way out topping the stuffing with the chicken breast.  I prefer the second option because each serving is perfectly portioned.

This is one of my boyfriends favorite dishes … and he’s NOT a gravy guy. He doesn’t like it on his food, but he loves it on this dish because it’s not truly recognizable but it keeps the chicken and stuffing moist.
 
To create the dish all you need are a few simple ingredients:

  • Stove Top Chicken Stuffing
  • ~ 1 ½ pounds chicken breast
  • Low fat chicken gravy (I use Heinz jarred gravy)
  • McCormick Montreal Chicken Seasoning
  • Black pepper
  • Oregano

Preheat your oven at 350 degrees.

Clean your chicken breast and set aside.

Mix together your stove-top stuffing per the microwave directions. I simply use water and a few squirts of spray butter and mix and combine.  I made 7 servings of chicken, so I evenly divided the stuffing onto a baking sheet that was sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. (Evenly dividing I got 1/3 cup servings, plus roughly 1 tbsp per 7 servings).

Top your stuffing mounds with quarter pieces of chicken breast. I evenly distributed my chicken over the mounds to make them as visually even as possible.

Sprinkle each chicken breast with oregano, black pepper and montreal chicken seasoning.  Top each chicken breast with 1 ½ tbsp chicken gravy (smooth the gravy over the chicken trying to cover the whole surface of it).

Bake the chicken in a 350 degree oven for roughly 30 minutes (or longer depending on the thickness of your chicken).

My chicken came out to 5 points plus a serving – as long as the chicken was 2.8-3 oz cooked.


No comments:

Post a Comment