Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Friendly's Celebration Ice Cream Cupcakes

I had been on the hunt for these ice cream cupcakes. I had seen them at the store a few weeks back, but since I wasn't going home right away, I had to pass them up. Then when I went back to pick up a package... they were all sold out. It just happened that while I was grocery shopping (at a different store - Shaw's if your in the New England area) I spotted them and was able to pick up the Friendly's Celebration Ice Cream Cupcakes.

Initially I assumed these would be identical to the Carvel ice cream cakes ... but these are different and a bit special. Why? Well, the bottom layer of the cupcake is really a chocolate cupcake! Yes, you can have your cake AND eat it too! The cake is then covered with a layer of smooth vanilla ice cream. The ice cream is covered in a layer of creamy whipped icing (more like a lightly sweetened whipped cream 'frosting') which is topped with colorful sprinkles.

These are delicious and a perfect combination of whipped icing, ice cream and cake. What I like best about them is they're perfectly portioned. There is no guestimating how to cut up a whole cake or trying to figure out exactly what a serving is. These are satisfying, delicious and all around a crowd pleaser.

A cupcake is a serving, which is 160 calories or 4 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment