Saturday, August 2, 2014

Trader Joe’s Protein Power Chocolate Chunk Banana Muffins

This is a very old post that I’ve failed to share on my blog … I found it in my archives and am reposting it here!

Muffins are one of those foods that are a bit of a “comfort food”. They’re perfect as part of a breakfast, whereas they’re also great snacks. I take a peek at the muffin assortment at Trader Joe’s and one day I finally decided to pick up a package of the Trader Joe’s Protein Power Chocolate Chunk Banana Muffins. Why? Well, 1) they’re banana, 20 they’re loaded with protein and 3) they smell heavenly.

The muffins are very reminiscent of a low fat banana bread I’ve made (Skinnytaste’s recipe) –yet with a little chocolate kick. They’ve got a slightly wet texture on the outside and they’re relatively moist, while also slightly dry. Needless to say I thought these were pretty tasty. They are filling, so one is usually enough then again I eat these as a snack and not a meal replacement. They are dense but the chocolate gives it a nice sweetness and the chocolate is softer in texture, and doesn’t have a bite as your average Tollhouse chips would.

One thing I do want to note are the muffins tend to stick to the muffin liner but in lighter baking … I’m used to that. Nonetheless they are good they do taste like a healthy version of banana bread and the fact it has 7 grams of protein in one serving was enough to sell me.

A serving is 130 calories or 3 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment