Saturday, August 23, 2014

Set it & Forget it: Pulled Chicken


I've been making pulled chicken in my crock pot for a few years - but typically I make it with some McCormick BBQ seasoning in it so it's a complete BBQ pulled chicken meal by the time I get home. I decided to give another recipe a try where this time there is no barbecue sauce in the dish - just seasonings and onion. I made it 2 different ways (skinless chicken breast with and without the bone) and both have been fantastic.
It's simple to put together - put into a croc pot, season, turn it on and let it do its thing. The "hard work" (I use that term very loosely) is only involved in shredding the chicken and discarding of any bones (if you decide to use bone-in chicken breast).
The end result is moist, flavorful, delicious shredded chicken breast that is available for a variety of meals. Sandwiches, enchiladas, salads, wraps, casseroles, etc. Anything you could use cooked chicken in, you can use this chicken in and it makes meal prepping 10-times easier.
All to do is quite simple:
* Add 1 large or 2 small onions to the bottom of the crock pot
* Add in my skinless chicken breast
* Season with the seasonings of choice (I recommend chicken poultry seasoning & even a little steak seasoning, etc.)
* Cover it
* Turn Crock pot on low and let it cook for 6-8 hours
* When done shred chicken with 2 forks

No comments:

Post a Comment