Monday, August 11, 2014

Trader Joe's Rolled Oats & Peanut Butter Fiberful Granola Bars

Once in a while I'm in the mood for a snack bar. Usually, I don't have them because I'd rather have a sustainable snack. Spotting the Trader Joe's Rolled Oats & Peanut Butter Fiberful Granola Bars I decided to give them a try. What sold me was the fact it was peanut butter, they were loaded with protein AND fiber.

After opening a package, I was surprised with how generous the bar was. Typically with many prepackaged granola bars they're on the smaller side of the equation. The bar is unique because the bottom has a smooth thin layer of chocolate over it with a chocolate drizzle over the top. There's peanut butter chips that cover the top and the bar itself has a delicious peanut butter and oat flavor. Since this is packed with fiber (9g) and protein (6g) - it does have a very mild "fiber" taste to it but the peanut butter and chocolate mute it pretty well.

I find these to be absolutely delicious and it's a treat that I find myself reaching for whenever I'm in the mood for something sweet, chewy and satisfying. The only downside due to the chocolate is they don't travel all that well in hot climates (which is expected).

A bar is 130 calories or 3 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment